Interested in Volunteering with XCBC? We would love your help.
Volunteers are needed for the following for the 2015 2016 ski season:
X-Country Ski races hosted by XCBC:
-Built 4 Speed (B4S) Feb 6th approx. 8:30-3:30 depending on your tasks (Please contact Flora in regards to race event volunteering at B4S: firstname.lastname@example.org )
-Alberta Youth Champs (AYC) Sat March 5th approx. 8:00-3:30 depending on your tasks ( Please contact Ann in regards to race event volunteering at AYC: email@example.com )
-Alberta Youth Champs (AYC) Sun March 6th approx. 9:00-2:00 depending on your tasks ( Please contact Ann in regards to race event volunteering at AYC: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Volunteer Positions for race events:
- Course marshalls – approx. 10 or 11 people taking an intersection marshall position, record bib numbers, watch for infractions, monitor cross traffic etc. Fun spot to watch the racers. If your younger children want to stand with you they are able and willing helpers. It is helpful but not necessary to have the same course marshalls on both days of an event so they are familiar with the trails/job etc.
- Set up & take down stadium areas for race events – this can be doubled up with a course marshall position. The more the merrier to set up, but roughly 5 people needed.
- Race secretary for race events – this is a more involved position. We are looking for someone to shadow our race secretary Kim Verheyde this year and take over next year.
- Race timing officials – approx. 7 people needed – also more involved positions, but you can shadow and learn from more experienced members. Formal officials courses may also be an option in the future. It is helpful to have the same timing officials on both days of an event as this is more involved in regards to training.
- Bib collection at end of races – 1-2 people
- Race office helpers late afternoons & evenings before the race events to assist with start lists, bib sorting, team packages etc – this will be at Kamp Kiwanis for AYC and unknown at this point for B4S
- First aid person on site – need a certified doctor, nurse, advanced first aid, ski patrol
- Parking attendants for AYC Saturday March 5th – 5 people
- Signage, info table etc – need 2 people responsible to put up signage on roads on Friday, signage on trails/trailheads on Sat, take down on Sunday, help with information table to direct skiers/ski clubs during race events
Year End Wrap Up Party:
- Looking for 2 more parents TA/L2T/T2T parents for the TA/L2T/T2T Wrap up party on Tuesday March 8th 5:00-6:30pm
- Need parent volunteers to organize baking, snacks, drinks, set up for the number of children attending
(Please leave a message for Nicole: email@example.com and we will organize this the first week of March.
Sourcing Training Equipment:
- We are interested in your old tennis balls. These come in very handy for skills training.
- We are also interested in your old bike tire inner tubes, old hoola hoops, soft rubber balls, we can also use these for training tools.