Biathlon is now an add-on program under the umbrella of the Competitive program. Athletes must be registered in a competitive program to register in biathlon. The program includes 1 session (Wednesday evenings) of training a week in addition to another competitive ski program. Athletes new to the program should be able to keep moving continuously for 30 minutes on skis. Previous experience in Jackrabbits or the ability to ski all of the West Crystal Trail are benchmarks for entry level athletic requirements.
- For age 9 & up
- Sessions run weekly on Weds 6 PM – 7:30 PM
- Program runs Nov 1, 2023 – March 6, 2024
- No formal team sessions during the Christmas/New Year period Thursday 21st December – Tuesday 2nd January
- No formal team sessions during the Family “Week” period Thursday 15th February – Tuesday 20th February
- Cost: $320.00
Registration for the 2023-24 biathlon program can be found here: Zone4 Registration Link
Participants must also be registered with Biathlon Canada to participate in this program. Registration can be found here:
2023-24 Biathlon Canada Individual Membership Registration
- It is mandatory for all XCBC Biathlon athletes and coaches to have a Biathlon Canada Membership.
- Athletes select the $10 “recreational or bears athlete” membership. Answer “no” to competing in 2018/2019 (Kinder Cups will be our only competition this season and do not require a racing/competition membership)
- Please send your confirmation membership certificate to: email@example.com
- Skate ski gear, properly fitting
- Headlamp for dark evenings
- XCBC Club jacket
- proper layered clothing & gloves, mitts (please see full equipment and clothing list under “equipment section”
Biathlon Eco- Aim, non-projectile camera rifles are supplied for usage during lessons (price is included in the Biathlon program fee)
A parent or responsible adult must be available to assist with set up and take down.
Coaches are certified Biathlon coaches.
The program is an entry level Biathlon program for approx ages 9-12. Athletes can feed into larger affiliated biathlon clubs after age 12 or when they are ready to shoot on air rifles and 22 calibre rifles.
The Eco-Aim camera rifles are a great training tool with a built in computer system allowing coaches to view the athletes sight target and breathing rhythms while also calculating timing and results.
Training will include range safety protocol and all Eco-Aim rifles will be treated just as any projectile rifle would be treated.
Athletes will be invited to attend and compete in local Kinder Cups which are fun entry level Biathlon races. Eco-Aim rifles will be used for all XCBC Biathlon athletes during these competitions unless other options are presented and training occurs.
Kinder Cup registration requires a $10 recreational Biathlon Canada Membership (please see above).
Link for Club Membership
2023-24 XCBC Biathlon Program Registration Link