Dryland Training- Program Information
***SUMMER TRAINING SESSIONS*** (age 12-18 )
July Sessions $65
Tues July 10,17,24,31, 2018 @ 5:45-7:15pm
Sat July 28, 2018 @ 10am
August Sessions $65
Tues Aug 7,14,21,28, 2018 @ 5:45-7:15pm
Sat Aug 18, 2018 @ 10am
(reduced rate when registering for both July & August sessions – $120)
Tuesday sessions include: roller skiing, strength, agility, running/hiking if raining
Tuesday location: Greater Bragg Creek Area
Saturday sessions include: long hikes in the mountains
Saturday location: TBD
*Roller skis are required for these sessions and can be rented from the club at $20/month
*Coach Aaron will be assisting with coaching
*Required minimum of 5 registrants to run the program
Pre-requisite for registration:
-expectations of good fitness level
-interest in registering for the competitive ski program 2018 2019
-if you are unsure if your child is eligible to register for this program, please contact Flora: email@example.com
***FALL DRYLAND TRAINING (ages 12-18 )***
Thursdays Sept 13-Oct 25, 2018 (7 sessions) $84
Location: Greater Bragg Creek Area
Preparation for the ski season- includes outdoor dryland and roller ski training. On snow sessions dependent on snow availability in Canmore.
(strength, core, flexibility, cardio, dryland ski fitness specifics, mental preparation/visualization, rollerski fitness training)
For season schedule, see “Calendar” at top menu bar.
Dryland program goals:
- improve cardio endurance
- improve strength & flexibility
- Games and Activities
- x-country specific training exercises
- Balance and Agility
- Building relationships within our ski community
West Bragg Creek Trail Reports:
Please see “calendar” for all scheduled program sessions, events and other scheduled XCBC activities.
Dryland Training – Further Information
The checklist for dry land training ages 12-18:
Comfortable excerise style clothing – weather dependent
water bottle with hip pack or small backpack
ski gear if weather permits
Rollerskis – can be renting from the club for $20/month
skate ski poles with rollerski tips
skate ski boots
light biking gloves (optional)
Athletes ages 12+ in the competitive program will be rollerskiing. Rollerski rental options available upon speaking with head coach Flora.
2. Develop a Response Plan: based on the nature of the emergency, develop an appropriate response plan (first aid treatment, initiate search, etc.)
3. Call for Assistance: use the two-way radio on channel 1 to call for assistance from one or more of the other XCBC groups.
4. Assume leadership of the group and delegate responsibility: group members should assist in patient care if needed, If needed designate one or two adults to go for help.
5. The group with the victim(s) should:
• Make the victim(s) as comfortable as possible, maintain his/her body temperature and protect the victim from the elements.
• A trained first aider should be with the victim at all times.
• Children should never be left unattended
• Give the other group members something to do to get their minds off the situation
If Emergency Medical Services is required designate one adult to call 911.
Provide the following details to emergency responders:
• Details of emergency
• Your location
• Assistance required
Designate one person to go to trail head to meet EMS.
If necessary use the Emergency Contact List to call the contact person of the injured person.
- Q: Cold weather cutoff? A: -15 air temp -18 wind-chill
- Q: If a session is cancelled? A: An email will be sent out by noon the day of the lesson.
What Member’s Say
When you really think about it, this is almost the “ideal” program in so many ways. It is local and convenient. It is a “no stress” introduction to a sport that promotes fitness and health for life. It offers competitive opportunities to those who so desire. Finally it happens in a beautiful outdoor environment. I believe there are many sports clubs who seek to fulfill one of these goals, but very few who attempt to fulfill all of them. We are so fortunate to have XCBC in our backyard!
Let me say something. You have an amazing team with awesome support. They really helped me this weekend. This is what I call an “extra mile” in customer relationship. So I give 8 stars for the program theme and if I could, I’d give 10 stars for support.